For most dieters food is the enemy, but you can think of these 7 negative calorie foods as your fat loss friends. These foods might not be glamorous, but they will work for you, and not against you. And unlike the pills and powders used in most fad diets, these negative calorie foods are very affordable.
These foods help you lose weight because they contain such a small amount of calories that it takes more calories to digest them, than the food itself contains. An example would be a food that contains 10 calories, but takes 11 calories for you body to break down and digest.
Think of this information as a weight loss loop hole. Something to give you an edge in the fight against fat. For the best results I recommend you take the worst of your current daily diet (the chips, candy, ect.) and replace it with the items found here. Keep eating your normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner; just replace the very worst foods you eat with these special negative calorie foods. By following this plan you can potentially eat your way to weight loss!
You might be tempted to replace 100% of your diet with negative calorie foods. While the result would likely be very rapid weight loss, I would caution against it. Healthy weight loss is not about depriving your body of the proper amount of calories it needs to operate and stay healthy.
7 Negative Calorie Foods That Fill You Up, and Help You Lose Weight
1. Celery: One stalk of celery contains just 5 calories. Celery is also an excellent source of vitamin C. Celery burns calories in 3 ways. First if you’ve ever eaten celery you know it takes some work to chew. The chewing alone will probably burn a calorie or two. Celery also contains fiber so your body has to work harder to break it down. Lastly, because celery should be eaten raw straight from the refrigerator, it will be cold, and your body will burn stored calories to keep your body temperature normal
2. Lettuce: Most people think salad when they hear lettuce. That’s fine, as long as you don’t load it up with other fatty ingredients like bacon and heavy dressing. Instead, use a good low calorie dressing like apple cider vinegar, garlic, and lemon juice. Iceberg lettuce is just 6 calories per 1 cup serving. Romaine lettuce is 10 calories per 1 cup serving
3. Spinach: Spinach is filled with vitamins and minerals. It also helps keep your body alkaline. 1 cup of Spinach contains 7 calories
4. Cherry Tomato: Cherry tomatoes can be eaten whole, or used in other dishes. Each cherry tomato is just 3 calories
5. Mushrooms: The typical white button mushrooms sold in stores are great in salad, or used in place of meat. 1 cup of mushrooms is 15 calories
6. Rhubarb: Rhubarb has a tart taste that some people really enjoy. It’s also high in fiber so your body will have to expend extra calories to digest it. 1 cup of Rhubarb is 26 calories
7. Cucumber: Cucumber is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium. They also provide some dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, thiamin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. 1 cup of cucumber is only 16 calories
Interested in more ways to lose weight? Go here.
"They work like magic but almost nobody knows about them.
You'll ask yourself, how can something so simple be so powerful... and so secret"
They're called Super Foods and here's just a taste of what they can do for you: Watch The Super Foods Video